an alphabetical list of words relating to a specific subject, text, or dialect.
Doorway pages are web pages that are created for spamming the Google index.. This means inserting multiple low quality pages associated with target keywords into the search index. Spammers use this technique to rank highly for specific search queries. Google has specifically spoken against such pages here and here.
In 2015 Google announced ""ranking adjustment"" for sites utilizing doorway campaigns. Google issues a ""Gateway Page"" warning through the Google Console for the following kinds of pages: empty pages, hard to find pages, illegitimate content (review, testimonial, gallery) i.e. customer- or staff-generated content or duplicate content across multiple sites.
How do you know if your web pages are classified as a “doorway page?”
• is the added page or query to optimize for search engines or is part of user experience?
• Even though the page is to rank on generic terms but is modified for specific terms?
• Do the page duplicate useful items that already exist just for generating traffic?
• Are these pages created with intention to draw affiliate traffic and not creating unique value in content or functionality?
• Do these pages exist as orphan and are impossible to navigate to from other parts of your site?
• Are links to such pages from other pages within the site or network of sites created just for search engines?